1. What is BioThane®? - BioThane® is the brand name of all coated webbing products made by BioThane®
Coated Webbing Corp. It's a polyester webbing with a TPU or PVC coating that makes it more durable, waterproof, easy to clean.
2. Is BioThane® chew proof? Unfortunately BioThane®is not chew proof. Biting will penetrate through the PVC layer and can cut through the webbing underneath. We recommend you monitor your pet and discourage them from biting and chewing on the material. Damage caused by chewing is not covered under our warranty.
3. How strong is BioThane®? - BioThane® has a break strength of 1000 pounds of strength per 1 inch of thickness. This means even the thinnest (3/8") material has a break strength of 375 pounds! As stated above, BioThane® can be weakened from chewing.
4. What is the difference between standard and super heavy BioThane®? - Standard BioThane® has a thinner coating than super heavy which means products made with it are lighter weight. Both types are equally as strong. Neither type is chew proof. We choose to use standard on some of our products such as long lines and thinner collars to keep them as light weight as possible for puppies and smaller dogs. If you prefer to have these products made heavier, contact us and we can setup a custom order for you.
5. How long will it take to get my order? - There is currently only one person working in the shop and items are handmade to order. I try extremely hard to finish orders within 3 weeks, but I do not guarantee any turnaround times. Please read your order confirmation, any expected delays will be included in that email. The time it takes to travel through the postal system varies and is out of our control.
6. Do you offer breeder discounts? - We love to support breeders and help them with new puppy gifts! Contact us for more information.
7. Do you offer wholesale? - We love wholesale! Contact us for more information.
8. Do you do custom items? If you have something in mind you do not see listed on our site, contact us and we can discuss your idea and let you know if it's something that can be done.